Founded in 1972, BancTec began designing and manufacturing check-sorting and related systems for the banking industry. The next year BancTec released its initial proprietary product: the CheckMender.
Since that time, we have continued to build an impressive client portfolio through our reputation for innovation, with unprecedented technical strengths in high-speed document processing, as well as imaging, image quality, data capture, and character recognition technologies.
Today, BancTec is a leader in business process outsourcing (BPO), providing financial transaction automation and document management services for organizations seeking to drive efficiency in their financial and back-office processes.
Headquartered in Dallas with clients in 50 countries, BancTec operates 21 BPO centers in the United States and worldwide, utilizing a common technology platform to deliver reliability, security, and consistently high levels of performance.
Our business philosophy is based on building long-term, collaborative relationships – consistently providing business value to our clients, driving opportunity for our employees, and creating significant return for our shareholders.
The BancTec Essentials
- Founded: 1972
- Industries: Document and content processing, payment processing and information technology services
- Customers: Clients in 50 countries
- Vertical Markets:Financial services, Healthcare, Utilities, Business Services, Insurance, Retail, Telecommunications, Public sector, Manufacturing, Travel, Energy
- Employees: Approximately 2,550 in 14 countries
- Headquarters: Dallas, Texas
- Ownership: Private
- General Info: 1-800-BANCTEC or firstname.lastname@example.org